Wednesday 3 October 2012

the start of a new journey


There comes a time in life where you have to start being recognised as an adult in the family.
9 August 2012 my parents made it official by doing a traditional ceremony for me.
It was a very emotional day especially when they said my go well speeches. My friend Thembi was asked to speak, she spoke of the days in high school and reminded me of how fast time flies. yesterday we were in grade 8 starting high school not knowing where our classes are today we are at the peak of our careers with children living happy lives.
My mom reminded me that although I am a women now I should always remember who my elders are. That I must continue to respect my elders as I have the last 23 years of my life.
I cried tears of joy because there is nothing so filling as getting a thumbs up from your parents, saying well done , good luck on your new journey.
They slaughtered a goat in honour to thank my ancestors and god for these blessing they have blessed me with.
To my luck I found out that my goat my pregnant with twins and that meant good luck is yet to come.
As I type this I remember all the hardships my parents have gone for me to make sure I get the best of life.
from the best preschool to the best university. My mom would always say , my child I would rather walk around with a torn dress as long as I know you have received the best education. even if I can die now I know I would have left you with the best inheritance money can buy......an education.
so guys as the bible says respect your mother and father in order for you to live a great and fruitful life.
trust me it speaks the truth. I won't lie and say I wasn't  a rebellious teenager because I was but I would always learn to apologise for my mistakes and respect my family.
So I say do unto others as you would like others to do unto you!

No comments:

Post a Comment