Monday 2 July 2012

DEAR DADDY....






Dear daddy,

You knew me when I was being formed in my mother’swomb and have never left our side ever since.

You have always been there for me, guiding me and being thebest father I could ever wish for. I remember growing up you would attend everyprize giving and sports day with me. Sitting there on those benches showing mesupport from the side line while the sun blazed on you. (Hahaha)

I remember you staying up till late while helping me with mymath’s homework and although you would shout at me telling me that it iswrong you never gave up but stayed with me till I got it right.

Whenever the world was on top of me you came and lifted itoff my shoulders and carried it for me.

I thank god each day for my daddy. I was named Ntombikayise(daddy’s girl) because wherever he was I was there with him. I never lefthis sight.

I remember going to my Matric dance how you would intimidatethe boy that was my partner, asking him questions about where is he from andhis clang surnames………

We fight at times but I does not mean I love you less.

At the age of 65 my dad still rocks my world and will go theends to make his baby girl happy.

Sometimes I wonder why it is so hard for you to let me gobut then I remember I am your last born after all.

When I fell pregnant with Ntokozo you simply said to me allis well my little one, and never left me and your granddaughter’s side.

I see you with Ntokozo everyday playing and I remember thedays I was so small.

I pray every day that the lord keeps you safe with me andfor you to see me graduate and walk me down the aisle on my wedding day.

Today at the age of 24 I am able to sit with you, while youhave your jameson and I have my savannah and talk about life and its moments.

You always say; no man will ever love you the way I do. Sooo true! I have not met a man that gives me the love that you have all these years but I know that he is coming my way soon.



Thank you for being the best dad I could ever wish for!

Love you mkhulu.

No comments:

Post a Comment